Monday, July 25, 2005

Day 24

Location: Longmont, Colorado


Got to sleep in for the first time in a while, and then Melissa and I headed out for Rocky Mountain National Park (only 60 miles away). Melissa was anxious to see some Colorado outdoors as she has been busy with work and not had much opportunity to visit many places. I also wanted to see the place, as it came highly recommended by Thad.

We spent a good four hours at the park - it was great having someone to enjoy a park with, after all the hiking I've done alone.


As you can see, it was an absolutely beautiful park. It was busy...a lot of people were out on the trails, but we still had time to relax on our own and enjoy the views.


After the park, Melissa and went out for dinner, saw the movie "Wedding Crashers," (which was hilarious...I haven't laughed out loud so hard in a long time), and then, of course, we went to a Cold Stone (#3 for this trip...I'm making it a crusade to visit as many as possible).

I'll head out early tomorrow...the plan is to make it to South Dakota. I don't have many specific plans, other than to eventually see Mount Rushmore and the Badlands. We'll see what comes up along the way.

I had an excellent stay at Melissa's. It was great to see an old friend.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter