Friday, July 01, 2005

Zero Hour

Hey everyone -

Here it is - the site you can use to follow me along as I spend the month of July traveling across the U.S. I'm estimating there'll be between 9-10,000 miles covered before the month ends, so there will be a lot you can read about.

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes and to (most) for not thinking I'm crazy. I'm pretty excited and a bit nervous, but I'm confident it will turn out to be a great trip.

You'll read about my visits with friends and family scattered across the country, all the National Parks I'll visit, as well as the nights I'm sleeping in the car, in my tent, or in a cheap motel. On this site, I'm able to post pictures, as well, so hopefully you can get a good feel for what I'll see out there.

I have a wireless card in my laptop, so I hope between places I'm staying, various rest areas, and towns, I'll be able to get a connection to the Internet to update the site, if not everyday than hopefully at least every other day.

It's after 2am now...I plan to leave by 10am, but still have a lot to do before that can happen. I've never had to pack for a trip longer than a few days, so it should be interesting.

My first stop on this trip will be to Roselle, NJ, to visit my 85-year old Uncle Bernard. From there, onto Philly to visit some friends, and then back on the road Saturday.

As you might know, I live in JC now with the Brothers Hashey - Don and Joe. In August, we'll be moving out of the house to separate places, but the past 9 months have been a blast and I couldn't ask for better housemates. I won't see them in the morning when I head out, so we took a picture together earlier this afternoon.


Don, Me, Joe


Still have a lot to do before I head out, but I just wanted to write a little intro for this site. Sign the guestbook if you get a chance...it'll be great to hear from my friends when I'm out on the road.

Thanks again, everyone, for all your support. Hope you enjoy following me along. Be back in August.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter